22 March 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012!: Toront-OH SHIT!

Canadian Hip-Hip... it's not just about Snow anymore...

The Airplane Boys



Who they are: Beck Motley & Bon Voyage, a pair of rappers from that new Hip-Hop hotbed (and I don't even mean that sarcastically), Toronto...

What they sound like: Just good indie Hip-Hop with some nice, original production... so of course, I'll just give you the tune where they rap over a decade-old Radiohead joint...

The Airplane Boys - Ice Age (ysi)




(These guys provide their tunes to you on free mixtapes via their website! Fuck yeah!)

What I think: I think it's funky fresh and not at all wack. Oh, and live band + no hype men? Sign me up...



You know, I think Snow should follow Vanilla Ice's lead and get himself a totally unexpected new career and corresponding reality show. Maybe he could become one of those dudes that catches catfish with his bare hands...

No comments: