16 March 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012!: In which I am predictable...

You may read this and think that I don't like anything. That's not exactly true, but no... I'm not terribly impressed with the top of Saturday's lineup...

St. Vincent's website is has the URL "ilovestvincent.com". I find this to be quite presumptuous. And in my particular case, false....

To paraphrase Denny Green, Godspeed You! Black Emperor is not who I thought they were. I actually quite like the reunited Montreal band's Mogwai-like post rock. I'm gonna do a little more digging on them. You should, too, if that's your kinda thing...

For a minute there, I thought fIREHOSE was FireHouse... that woulda been a weird booking, huh?

The thing about Feist is, well... her stuff makes for great remixes, but I'm not nearly as in love with the originals.

Andrew Bird was rated a "meh" the last time he played the big shinding my favorite music blogger... me. So I'm gonna trust that opinion...

Sebastian Ingrosso is one of the members of Swedish House Mafia and thus can suck a bag of dicks.

Jeff Mangum is the dude from Neutral Milk Hotel, if that means anything to you...

I thought that Miike Snow might be something I would like, but upon listening to a couple of cuts from their new album, I realized that I must have had them confused with someone else... someone who made listenable Pop music...

Kaskade is a handsome man, I'll give him that....

Upon a thorough YouTubing, I gotta say I don't care so much about Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds as it's no Oasis, which will probably chuff off a bunch of people, the first of which being Noel Gallagher. But it's just that Liam's a better singer, dude. Deal with it...

David Guetta should be playing the KISS FM Summer Jam instead of Coachella at this point, no? Or are we just gonna have next year co-headlined by Fergie & Pitbull? Just sayin'...

I'll leave The Shins to Zach Braff...

And I'll congratulate Bon Iver on his Best New Artist Grammy win over J. Cole & Nicki Minaj. Score one for the beardy-stroky set, I guess...

Which brings us to your Saturday headliner...

Radiohead



Who they are: The band your band could smell like.

What they sound like: I guess this header isn't really necessary in this case... here's one off the TKOL RMX comp reworked by new Tonegents fave Jacques Greene...

Radiohead - Lotus Flower (Jacques Greene Remix) (ysi)






What I think: I think they're the best band in the world. But you knew that. Once again, huzzah for the YouTubes... as here's their full set from Glasto '11... in nifty crowd-sourced fashion. Enjoy...



2/3 of the way done. Woot.

No comments: