23 March 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012!: Needless Brit Bashing

I haven't skipped any bands in, like, two posts! Let's put an end to that with a short parade of British mediocrity...

First off, we have Gardens & Villa, who are a British outfit that's kinda jangly and lo-fi and boring...

Then we have Spector, another British group that kind of sounds like an updated Spandau Ballet, but aren't really as good as that comparison might indicate. Don't front on Spandau Ballet, yo...

Next, to switch things up, we have a British act... with a Swedish guy in it! Unfortunately, Fanfarlo are also painfully '80s-sounding. But I do love one song of theirs, and have posted that on the Facebook page. And let me just say, if you're not all "liked" up on that, you are missing some good shit lately, unless hours of free music isn't your thing...

So, to sum up... three strikes and the Brits are out, making way for some Frenchies... which probably really grinds their gears...

Housse De Racket



Who they are: A stylish Frenchie duo...

What they sound like: To be honest, they sound quite a bit like Phoenix, but I have absolutely no problem with that and neither do you...

Housse De Racket - Chateau (ysi)






What I think: I think Sunday's lineup is kicking ass so far in the "bands I'd never heard of" department. I guess Coachella isn't complete shit yet. Anyhoo these guys make quite a delightful racket (see what I did there?) live as well...



Have a good weekend...

No comments: