14 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: Don't wear new shoes

To me, it seems quite fitting to start Monday off with something a bit on the mopey side...

Autolux



Who they are: An L.A. band! I use the exclamation point because there have been very few L.A. bands on the bill this year that I can remember, which seems a bit odd considering. I mean, why import crappy bands from elsewhere when there are plenty of crappy bands in L.A.? But then again, L.A. has a music scene that... well, if it was crappy, that would be an improvement, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

What they sound like: They sound like the good ol' days of Shoegaze, which I was actually quite into for a minute...

Autolux - Blanket (ysi)




What I think: This is the perfect band for all of those who whined and whined when My Bloody Valentine didn't get booked. But be careful... as you gaze at your shoes you'll realize how wrecked they've gotten over the weekend... just sayin'...

No comments: