16 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: Fun

After a bit of inner debate, I'm gonna gloss right on past Metric. It's weird... on the surface these Canucks have some of the ingredients needed to liked by me... normally if an Indie Pop band has a girl singer and some keyboards they have a good chance. And as much as I would think I could get behind these guys (and I've tried), well... they really are just "meh"... especially when you compare 'em to these other Canucks...

Chromeo



Who they are: Montreal natives Dave One and Pee Thug... from Wikepedia: "The two have been best friends since childhood and they describe themselves as the only successful Arab/Jewish collaboration since the beginning of time". Now that's funny. Oh, and I can use this time to correct a mistake I made a while back and was informed of by a kind commenter. I had said that Kid Sister was A-Trak's sister, when she's actually the sister of one of the guys in Flosstradamus. I bring this up because it turns out that Dave One is actually A-Trak's big brother. Wow, I just spent a lot of words explaining something no one cares about...

What they sound like: Like fun personified. I mean seriously... in a world that cared about fun, Chromeo would be bigger than U2, R.E.M. and Bruce Springsteen put together.

Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (ysi)




What I think:
Saw 'em in January and you know what? It was really fun. So, don't miss Chromeo unless you hate fun. Have I said the word "fun" enough times in this post yet? Fun fun fun.

(Narrowly avoids shoe flying past head)

No comments: