03 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: Wheat - Chaff = Blog

Sorry I missed you all yesterday. You probably won't believe this, but I couldn't blog because I spent most of the day bowling with Jimmie Walker (J.J. from Good Times) and a bunch of midgets. The midgets won. And let me tell you this, those who think you've seen everything, until you've seen a midget do The Worm in a bowling alley while being heckled by Jimmie Walker, you have not seen everything...

But! Since I missed yet another day yesterday, I'm gonna have to pick up the pace a bit... and I'm gonna do that by just glossing over the bands that suck. Hate to do it, but to form some semblance of completion around here I'm gonna have to. The Virgo in me is quite irate about this, but I can usually quiet him if I drink enough... anyhoo...

Let's start the wheat/chaff separation by glossing right on over Stephen Malmkus & The Jicks, mostly because I can't think of a more overrated band that Pavement. Sure, that "Cut Your Hair" or whatever it was called was a cute little track, but other than that, I'm not sure why folks are so on this guy's jock. Check the link and check the vid on the front page of his website... blech. Okay, let's get to the next good one...

Kate Nash



Who she is: A young British gal who gets compared to Lily Allen quite a bit...

What she sounds like: ... and that's probably because she sounds a hell of a lot like Lily Allen, minus the reggae bits. This is not a bad thing though. Now, I know this next song is the "hit", but hey, it's the one that turned me on to Miss Nash and maybe it'll turn you on, too...

Kate Nash - Foundations (ysi)




What I think: Call me a wuss, but I'm really loving it. Is it so wrong to enjoy some sunny pop music? Oh, wait... if you're a blogger, it kind of is unless you're being ironic... okay, well, lemme find a Deerhoof B-Side for you... NOT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! Did you know that KCRW is putting Deerhoof on the ticket at their hollywood bowl concerts this year???!!!
I died laughing and instantly thought of you of course!

I have a ticket to said show so I will heckle them in your honor! ;)

hehehehe!