14 May 2008

Afro-funk King

A little life lesson before the tune today... being stoned is not conducive to keeping secrets...



It's been a while since I've posted some proper African Funk, and that, as they, ain't right! So let's fix that with a jammy by Nigerian sax man Peter King. That's about all I know about him, although if you click the name, I'm sure that article is very informative. I myself couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing this morning, but since when do I have to do all the work for you. Slackers...

Peter King - Shango (ysi)




While were on the Afro-Funk vibe, have I mentioned the blog Voodoo Funk to you yet? Well, if I haven't, I have now... so get your ass over there...

1 comment:

i just love stuff. said...

word up about stoned secrets. they do not keep well. i stumbled upon your blog whilst searching for african music and such. thanks for this, and i'll be browsing around yr stuff.