15 May 2008

Homeboy, you never shut up!

Breaking away from the obscure for a stone cold classic today...



Now, at first I was thinking that there's certainly no need to tell anyone who Run-D.M.C. is... but then I realized this record is 23 YEARS OLD! And then I remembered how Raising Hell was the first Hip-Hop tape (TAPE!) I ever bought. Then I also remembered how I used to tape songs off Yo! MTV Raps and listen to them in my Walkman (WALKMAN!) as I drove a tractor around a hay field. Then I remembered that I'm really freaking old... and then I drank 2 bottles of Vodka. When I woke up, um... well, actually that just happened. So, what were we talking about?...

Run-D.M.C. - You Talk Too Much (ysi)




So there you have it, a nearly quarter-of-a-freakin'-century old version of "Stop Snitchin'"... they were ahead of their time...

(Reaches for new Vodka bottle)

1 comment:

Andy said...

hey--trying to email you about the 88 Topps contest you won, but my email to the address here on your blog was rejected. Can you hit me up at 88topps at gmail dot com? I need the address you want your cards sent to, and your favorite team/players.