02 May 2008

HMF!

And now for the actual return of House Music Friday...



... and a track from the first compilation released by the legendary Paris club, Respect, a track that stayed in my bag and received regular spins for years. That track is by a duo calling themselves Ame Strong, and if you believe what Discogs tells you, it's pretty much the only track these dudes ever produced. But hey, if you're only gonna have one track, ya better make it a good one... and it also doesn't hurt to have a legend like Francois K remix that bad boy for ya...

Ame Strong - Tout Est Bleu (FK Remix) (ysi)




You gotta wonder what the reason is for the 1-track discography? Let's see, they were French... did they eat some bad cheese? Trip into a guillotine? Can I come up with any more lame jokes to irritate my French readers? (Actually the answer to that last one is "yes", but I think I better quit while I'm ahead). Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: