27 April 2011

Lee & The B's

Here's another one in the "Almost 1000 posts and I can't believe this dude hasn't come up yet" pile...



I, like (I'd imagine) most white people, first heard of Lee "Scratch" Perry was when the Beastie Boys name-checked him in "Sure Shot". But it's not how you get the information that matters, it's what you do with it, no? So eventually I found out that this Scratch guy was pretty good at the Dub Reggae, and went and got me some of his tunes. And THAT is some fucking gripping music blogging, right there...

Lee "Scratch" Perry - Bad Luck (ysi)






What, you expected some kind of dissertation on the man's career and musical legacy? Oh, and here's the Beasties doin' it live...



I've had a listen to their new record, btw, and it's fantastic. Wait a minute, wasn't this post supposed to be about Lee Perry? Ah, whatevs...

No comments: