19 April 2011

Thank goodness THAT's over with...

Hello again! And we're finally back to normal around here. I gotta tell ya, it's not soon enough... especially after the DMCA police bukkake-d all over my last two weeks of posts like they were a willing Japanese girl. Well, I've got just the thing to end that trend right here...



... and that would be some super-obscure, super-rare, super-out-of-print regional private press Jazz steez from a dead guy. Yep, that should do it. Here we got a live record from Motor City drummer Bert Myrick, about whom I could only find any bio information through his recent obituaries and this rather informative forum discussion. DMCA that, bitches, and I will admit defeat. The sound quality isn't amazing, but the playing is...

Bert Myrick - The Latin Bit (ysi)




And I suppose I should make a final note on Coachella, which would be... everything I said was right. All you needed to see was Kings of Leon followed directly by the Chemical Brothers to realize that. I hope those losers stuck around after their set, watched the Chems burn the place to the ground and then went home to their hotel suites and cried themselves to sleep on their high thread count pillows with the sudden realization of just how fucking boring they really are. And that's all I have to say about that...

No comments: