28 April 2011

Music To Go "Aaaaahhhhhhhh" To

Gonna take a break from beats today. Hope you don't mind...



Everyone knows Germany's Kompakt label as the go-to for the latest in Zee Teknomuzik, but once a year they switch gears and release the latest in their Pop Ambient compilation series. I don't know where they get the "Pop" part from, but they're not fucking around about being "Ambient". We're talking mostly beatless whooshy-ness of the non-scheisse-eating variety. Now, I know what you're saying. You're saying, "Tone, can you possibly just once write about German music without making a scheisse-eating reference? Maybe just one time?". Well, the answer is no. No, I cannot. I mean, the one I just made doesn't even make any sense but BAM... there it is. Can't do anything about it now. Anyhoo, Mr. Jens-Uwe Beyer, aka Popnoname is a regular contributor to the series, and here's one of his, um... jams?

Popnoname - Wandel (ysi)






Funky, eh? But seriously, I love stuff like this when I have a hangover sometimes, and so should you. MAN CANNOT LIVE ON TECHNO ALONE! Or so I've heard...

No comments: