25 February 2011

Blog-achella Goes To '11: What kind of thing is that, exactly?

Today is cold & shitty in L.A. city... see what I did there, rappers? Call me, I'll hook you up with some mad rhymes... what's that? Stick to blogging? Probably a good idea. Next up...

DJ A-Trak is a darn near legendary battle DJ who's found himself a niche as Kanye West's guy. Not bad. He's also part of Duck Sauce with Armand Van Helden... I recently blogged about them in the post so nice it got DMCA'd twice. So I'm gonna recommend him but save myself from the rage I'll feel if another post gets taken down. I did, however, put up a great video on the Facebook page for you to peep. "Like" that shit while you're there, yo...

And, to quote myself from Blog-achella '09, "Ariel Pink's Haunted Grafitti are just kinda crap." So there's that. Which means I'll be sending you into the weekend with...

Nosaj Thing



Who he is: L.A.-based & full-blown Asian producer Jason Chung (Nosaj = Jason, backwards. Mind = blown), who used to play the clarinet (just like yours truly) so obviously he is one giant homosexual cool dude...

What he sounds like: He's yet another up-and-coming star on the L.A. beat scene, right along with Flylo, Take and the rest of 'em. And my boy can hang just fine...

Nosaj Thing - Light 2 (ysi)






What I think: I think you should go see him do his thing. He rocks some pretty cool visuals, too...



Have a great weekend, folks...

No comments: