19 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: The Blitz!

Today's Blog-achella Blitz (you like that? I just came up with it. I should be in marketing!) concludes with...

VHS Or Beta



Who they are: Despite their sound, which would immediately say New York or London, they're actually from Louisville, KY of all places. BTW, I have Louisville going to the Final 4. Music and bracket tips? How does anyone live without this blog? :P

What they sound like: These guys seemed to come up with the rest of the first wave of the Indie Dance acts (!!!, The Rapture) and like those two, have shown to have some staying power. How do they do this? By not sucking. Really, it's just that easy. And while they certainly have some dancier tracks to choose from, I'm gonna give you one in which they sound exactly like The Cure...

VHS Or Beta - You Got Me (ysi)




What I think:
I've liked these guys since I first heard 'em. I think I'll catch 'em at the big show. You should, too.

No comments: