13 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: CDJ skillz

Now back to Blog-achella, and I'm gonna have to get off my butt if I want to get this done in time!

James Zabiela



Who he is: British DJ who actually rose to fame after winning one of those magazine "Bedroom DJ" contests... perhaps those things aren't a total crock after all. But more importantly, if you look at that picture, I'm pretty sure he's also in Hanson.

What he sounds like: From what I read, he is lauded for his mix of House and Breaks... wow, no one ever thought of that before, what a visionary! Actually, he also has super mad skillz with the Pioneer CDJs, too, which I won't make a snide remark about... 'cuz maybe if I got off my butt a little more, I could master some of those tricks... Anyhoo, dude's only got a few productions under his belt, so I chose this pretty good Royksopp remix for ya...

Royksopp - Remind Me (James Zabiela Eighties Ingevort Mix) (ysi)



What I think: Might be worth a gander, although I suspect him of cheesiness due to the company he keeps. Anyhoo, here's a YouTubes of him gettin' freaky with the CDJs for you gear dorks out there...



Skillz, indeed!

No comments: