14 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: Feelin' kinda beardy

Because beards are for strokin', yo!

Akron/Family



Who they are: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, without doing any research whatsoever, that they are a bunch of dirty hippies.

What they sound like: I think it's most easily summed up as music to kill yourself to veerrrrrrrrrrrry mellow folk.

Akron/Family - Italy (ysi)




What I think: This type of music certainly has it's place, I suppose... I'm seeing some kind of extremely depressing weinie roast under a freeway offramp, but maybe that's just me... it's not exactly what I'm going to Coachella before. Besides, as I've said before, this type of super-quiet stuff tends to get pwned! by the boompboompboomp coming out of the Sahara Tent or by the rawwrararawwwr from the guitars on the Main Stage...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you happen to catch them, you'll find that their live show isn't as quiet as their first release (where the track you posted came from)...

Check out this 16 second YouTube video of Akron/Family performing Ed is a Portal as a snapshot of one of their performances...