10 March 2008

Tonegent is One!

Happy Monday to everyone. Yep, this past Saturday marked the one year anniversary of my little blog, and I'd just like to say thanks to all you folks who come here and read these ramblings of a record nerd... especially since most of the content here is not fit to be read by anyone, ever. I sort of wanted to make it a big deal with some kinda fancy post, but I spent the whole weekend in a celebratory haze of hookers and blow... and well, you know how those things go. Anyhoo, let's start the week off with a track I have played out about a million times...



... and that track comes from Philly's own King Britt and his Sylk 130 project. And I gotta tell ya, that first Sylk 130 album, When The Funk Hits The Fan, is a stone-cold classic. The second record (an '80s tribute), emmmm... not so much... but at least he's got this one. This remix, however, comes off the CD Single, and is courtesy of none other than Questlove of The Roots, whose wallet definitely says "BAD MUTHERFUCKER" on it...

Sylk 130 - Gettin' Into It (Brother ? Remix) (ysi)




Can't wait for the new Roots album to drop, by the way... they just keep getting better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeaaa Roots! I am diggin' their please don't go demo!

Ivan said...

Needed this! Thanks!!!