05 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: Stop the Serj

Predictably, just when I thought I was done with the Friday preview, another act was added, and a relatively "big" name at that. But that big name just happens to be System of a Down singer Serj Tankian, whose voice makes me want to dunk my head in a vat of acid. And as much as my Virgo-ness wants total completion-ness... Serj Tankian can suck it and suck it hard. Click the link if you must... moving on...

Electric Touch



Who they are: A band from Austin, but with a British singer who loomed above them, smug in his cultural superiority... then they called him a queer.

What they sound like: Pretty straightforward Rock.

Electric Touch - Lines (ysi)



What I think: That song's the only mp3 I could find for you, and it's actually the worst song I heard by these guys. Go check their Myspace... they're actually kinda decent. Definitely for the "meh" pile as far as actually watching their set, but I see some potential to not suck. "Wow, thanks for the compliment... we think..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree, I just saw them at Bonnaroo this weekend and I thought it was pretty good. But yeah, they do have better songs. I think give me a sign is gonna be a hit.