19 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: Feel the suck!

Not to kill the suspense for the "What I think" portion of the post, but we have a new contender for "Worst Band Playing at Coachella"...

Man Man



Who they are: Let's let Wikipedia do the work, shall we? "a band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Their musical style has been described as Viking-vaudeville, Manic Gypsy Jazz. Man Man is known for their exuberant live performances. When performing, the members of the band dress in white outfits and wear war paint. The band uses pseudonyms - the frontman is Honus Honus, and its other members are Sergei Sogay, Pow Pow, Critter Crat, and Chang Wang."... oy vey, this does not sound promising...

What they sound like: I got three "S"'s for ya... sloppy, shouty, shitty... here's the song I could find of theirs that came closest to listenable...

Man Man - Top Drawer (ysi)




What I think:
You may be surprised that I find this band to be horrible. Further proof that the Indie kids (who, of course, love them) wouldn't know good music if it grabbed them by the balls in a Vulcan Death Grip. I would rather walk naked into a biker bar with a large neon sign saying "Free Joyrides" and a blinking arrow pointing directly at my ass than listen to another Man Man song... and no, I'm not normally into that type of thing...

No comments: