03 April 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Regina Spektor (Sat.) / Tapes 'n' Tapes (Sun.)

All the indie rock kids are sure gonna find me on their search doo-dads today... and probably hate me :P

Regina Spektor





Who she is: A Russian-born (hence the hotness) singer based in the Big Apple.

What she sounds like: They (being, you know, "they") call it anti-folk. I'm not even gonna start...

Regina Spektor - Fidelity
Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope (Bonus Track Version)



What I think: I like her voice well enough, but... is it wrong to give a hot Russian girl the "meh"? I think it might be, so I'm not gonna do it... even though I kinda want to :P

----------------------------

Tapes 'n' Tapes





Who they are: Indie blog darling band from Minneapolis.

What they sound like: Messy Indie rock.

Tapes 'n' Tapes - Cowbell
Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon



What I think: These guys suck big time. They would have been better off if they were hot Russian girls. Let that be a lesson to all you Indie rockers. Be hot Russian girls or feel my wrath!

-----------------------------

And, well, everyone else is posting it, so I will too. Because hell, this is genius enough that I'm almost willing to forgive her for that dumb "Ironic" song and that naked subway video... almost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummmm. I kinnnda like Regina...but only for 17 mins at a time, then she gets annoying. Tapes and Tapes does suck. You're totally on there.

What search do-dad are you referring to? I wanna be on that!! We will both be on Hype Machine soooooon! I htink you before me b/c you blog daily and I'm an ADD blogger.

Is it me or is Alanis a LOT hotter than Fergie?