06 April 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Travis (Sat.) / Paul Van Dyk (Sun.)

Hmmm... yesterday was the lowest number of visitors I've had on the blog ever! You mean people aren't lined up to get those hot, hot Tilly and the Wall and Tokyo Police Club mp3s?!?!? Man, what do I have to do, people? That's like Christmas and your birthday all wrapped up into one, for fuck's sake! :P

Don't worry, it's almost done. And one of today's bands is quite good... this one, in fact:

Travis





Who they are: Brit-rock veterans from Glasgow, which might explain why their publicity photo looks like the Trainspotting poster.

What they sound like: They're pretty mellow compared to some of the Brit Rock groups, but then again, the lead singer's name is Fran, and I really can't see a guy named Fran being all that loud and aggro. They have a new one out, but I'm gonna give you a classic.

Travis - Sing
Travis - The Invisible Band



What I think: You know about the Tone and the Brit Rock, so 'nuff said. I have a couple of their albums. Good stuff. Hunt out their cover of Britney's "Baby One More Time"... it's quite genius.

-----------------------

Paul Van Dyk





Who he is: "I shall stand here at the wall. I shall glance at you over my shoulder. Feel my sexy gaze. You are powerless against it. With my hand pressed against the wall, I can feel your footsteps as you approach me... wanting me..."

What he sounds like: "I will make the sexy music for you. Feel the trance. Let the rhythm and the arpeggios and the nondescript female vocal and the snare rolls and the vaguely uplifting title move you. I shall now raise my hands into the air, and you shall worship me..."

Paul Van Dyk - Another Way
Paul Van Dyk - Global



What I think: "What do you mean I'm playing this tent, when that little Dutch twat Tiesto got to play the Main Stage? Do you know who I am? I'm Paul Van Dyk! I am the world's number one DJ! It says so on my website! What do you mean it says that on his website, too? Oh, it's on now, bitch! Slap fight at the Tesla Coil at midnight!"

I would pay to see that, btw... have a great Easter weekend!

No comments: