05 April 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Tilly And The Wall (Fri.) / Tokyo Police Club (Fri.)

Google Analytics is the coolest thing ever, if you're a Blogger geek like me. It's just some invisible code you put in, and the amount of stats and info it gives you on who visits your blog is just awesome, and sometimes hella entertaining. Without it, I would not know that people have visited this week from new countries like The Netherlands, Chile, Israel and freakin' China! That is pretty awesome... but not as awesome as the fact that more than one person has happened across my blog by Googling "Kim Kardashian Watersports". Mention something once... :P

-----------------------

Two bands I had absolutely never heard of today. How will they rate?

Tilly And The Wall





Who they are: A girls + boys group from Omaha. Considering this is the home of Bright Eyes and that ilk, I am wary!

What they sound like: Sugary pop with harmonized vocals.

Tilly And The Wall - Black And Blue
Tilly and the Wall - Bottoms of Barrels



What I think: They're cute. They've got potential. With a little better songwriting, they might be on to something (there's some weird changes in the hook on that song, no?). All-in-all "meh", but they might be able to sucker me in, if I could be arsed to actually pursue a full investigation.

-------------------------

Tokyo Police Club





Who they are: Yet. More. Canadians. Let's just move this thing to Saskatoon and get it over with.

What they sound like: Massively uninteresting Indie Rock..

Tokyo Police Club - Cut Cut Paste
Tokyo Police Club



What I think: I think they should be playing at 8 pm on Monday night at the free showcase at the Whiskey, not taking up valuable time at Coachella that could be used to bolster the meager hip-hop representation for instance. This is crap. Your buddy who's in a band - his band is way better than these guys. Tell him I said that and get me +1 at the door ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoaaa who do you think you are giving TPC a bad review, have you actually taken anytime to listen to thier tracks, get your infromatiuon straight.