18 June 2008

Chillin' in St. Louie

Gonna take it down a couple hundred notches from yesterday, if you don't mind...



... to a song that truly lives up to it's title. Oddly, the best write up I could find for you on St. Louis sax-man Oliver Sain was on another blog. But since that blog is the seriously on-point Flea Market Funk, I'm glad to send you over there. RSS that shit, yo! My guy DJ Prestige even has the title cut from this record still up, so after listening to that one and this one, you will be seriously ready to get on the bus...

Oliver Sain - Laid Back (ysi)




Two things that pop into my mind: 1) To bad this one was from the age of short vinyl sides, because I could definitely groove out to that for 7 or 8 minutes (or hours) before getting bored of it... and 2) Doesn't it kinda sound like Santana bit this song for "Spooky", or is it just me?

Discuss...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! This is some smooth shiite! Reminds me of my old WAR albums. There are some things I still love about the seventies!