20 June 2008

The elusive ones are the best ones

House Music Friday is freakin' sweating balls up in here...



This here is a CD I must have searched for for 3 years or more before I finally found a copy of it. You ever have one of those? You hear it out, trainspot that shit up, then look for it every time you hit a record store, but can't find it... then it becomes some kinda Holy Grail and when you finally do find a copy you pay way more for it than it's worth because "Oh my God, I finally found it SCORE!!1!!1!. Yep. Think I threw down 30 smacks. Anyhoo, the disc in question contains remixes of the relatively obscure Disco group Atmosfear by all sorts of good people (as you can see on the cover), and it's all DJ Dewey Chan's fault for playing that shit late nights at the legendary Club Septo. This particular cut was the deadly one, a remix by some guys called Spook with vocals by the awesome Roisin Murphy. Spacey and deeeep, best if used after 3 AM...

Atmosfear - Feel Up (Spook Remix) (ysi)




The fact that you can now purchase this for much less than I did, instantly, with just one click of your mouse doesn't make me bitter... not at all... fuckers...

... have a great weekend!

No comments: