22 June 2009

Back to the Compost heap

Sometimes if you know enough, you don't have to know anything at all. Let me explain...



Another day, another Compost Records joint. Don't know much about Muallem, except that he's a German dude and I know fuck-all about The Droids... except that these are not the ones you are looking for. But that's the beauty of a label like Compost... you see they got a new comp out, and you just go ahead and pick it up whether or not you know the names. Because the dudes are pre-screened for being good at music. That's the key. Anyhoo, here's some retro, Italo-style sounds...

Muallem - Shanti Dance (ft. The Droids) (ysi)







See what I mean? Quality. There's only so many "buy on sight" labels these days... it's an honor not to be bestowed lightly. These days, I would say they are Compost, Sonar Kollektiv, Tru Thoughts... that's the big three just off the top of my head. I know I'm leaving some people out but I just ate a big lunch and don't feel like thinking... so what are yours?

No comments: