10 June 2009

Davis Represent!

I don't generally do dedications here, but since this song popped up on the shuffle, and it's her theme song, this one is for Miss EJ... I mean, you gotta give a shout-out when there's a theme song involved...



Solesides, I think I can safely say, was the greatest Hip-Hop record label ever to be founded in the thriving metropolis of Davis, California. It earned that label by A) being the only Hip-Hop record label ever to be founded in the thriving metropolis of Davis, California, and B) being the launching pad for people like, oh, DJ Shadow, Blackalicious, Lyrics Born and Lateef, the last two of which formed with their Wonder Twin powers into Latyrx and recorded my friend Miss EJ's theme song...

Latyrx - Lady Don't Tek No (ysi)







The label more-or-less morphed into what is now called Quannum Projects, and continued to put out what is now called Dope Shit. Explore...

1 comment:

EJ said...

LOVE! Much love to ya my friend! :)