02 March 2011

Blog-achella Goes To '11: In Which I'll Probably Drop A Charlie Sheen Reference...

Today we're only going skip House DJ Erick Morillo although I think he's pretty good. But Blog-achella, she's a cruel mistress. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. But hey, here's something interesting...

Magnetic Man



Who they are: A dubstep supergroup of sorts, featuring Messrs. Skream, Benga and Artwork. Gotta admit I've never heard of the Artwork dude, though. So it's kind of like the 2 1/2 Men of Dubstep supergroups... and WINNING! Duh...

What they sound like: I guess you could call this the closest thing to a Dubstep/Pop crossover I've heard yet (not counting that new Britney track, and no... I'm not joking, folks. If you haven't heard "Hold It Against Me" yet, it has a no joke wobble-wobble Dubstep breakdown in the middle. Kudos, Brit.) And that's not a bad thing at all, because if there's one thing Dubstep tends to lack, it's actual songwriting. Dig it...

Magnetic Man - I Need Air (ysi)






What I think: I think when you see the light show you'll be sold. So here's a video that really makes you feel like you're there, right down to the annoying drunk chick singing along to all the lyrics off-key right in your fucking ear.



Man, I hate that drunk chick...

No comments: