31 March 2011

Blog-achella Goes To '11: Happy Cesar Chavez Day!

What is Cesar Chavez Day, you ask? It's the holiday where you drive a half hour through morning traffic to get somewhere and when you get there it's closed because apparently today is Cesar fucking Chavez Day. Yep, it's that one...

I will admit to knowing next to nothing about Fedde Le Grand outside of the fact that his House may be a bit fidgety. But he does have one stone cold classic to his name, and you can peep it at the the Facebook page, the home of fine bonus content since, oh, about a month ago. Added incentive: the video has sexy nurses in it...

Being the Brit Rock whore that I am, you'd think I'd be all excited about Suede, but for some reason they are one band in that area that flew right on by me. I know zero about them. So yeah, fuck 'em. Just kidding...

One Day As A Lion is the new band of Zach De La Rocha from Rage. I think of that guy as the Sean Penn of music. I pretty much agree with his politics but man, I just wanna punch him in his stupid face. Him and Sean Penn. Punch face, punch face. Punchy Facey Punch...

I thought I'd posted on Broken Social Scene before, but apparently not. They're another one of those Canadian Indie groups with a whole bunch of members and well worth a listen...

And I can't really improve on my Paul Van Dyk post from Blog-achella '07, so just go ahead and read that... which brings us to...

Erykah Badu



Who she is: She's The Badu. Shame on you if you don't know... and that's not just me being a lazy blogger. SHAME!

What she sounds like: Shame on you if you don't know what Erykah Badu sounds like. (Now THAT is me being a lazy blogger). Here's a neat jam that somehow encompasses Sylvia Striplin's "You Can't Turn Me Away", Junior M.A.F.I.A.'s "Get Money" (which samples Striplin) and a bunch of orginial Baduizm all in one funky little package. Dig it...

(DMCA'd. These assholes are on fire this week.)

What I think: A normal Erykah Badu show is akin two a two-hour Earth Mama Freakout, that's the only way I can explain it. I don't know if I've ever seen a better Soul show in my life. Of course, the festival set will be shorter. But it'll still be damn good. But there aren't a lot of quality live videos out there for some reason, so here's one from the TV because it has good sound...



And once more, Happy Cesar Chavez Day to my many immigrant field worker readers. Those guys love the Dubstep...

No comments: