05 March 2009

Blog-achella 09: Follow me!

Hey, all... so, because I cannot resist the latest in useless internet social gadget flim-flammery, I have put the Blogger "Followers" doo-dad on the blog over there to the right. So, if you're into that kinda thing, go for it. Then follow me through a half-dozen servings of "meh"...

For starters we have Glass Candy, a dime-a-dozen Electro-Pop outfit whose shelf life will probably expire sometime between the end of their set and when the Coachella parking lot clears out on Sunday...

Next up, Drop The Lime, an NYC producer who I remember being kind of interesting when he first came on the scene, but whose style has devolved into obnoxious Fidget House and we are over it, no?

James Morrison is closer to James Blunt than Jim Morrison... he's spent time opening for noted douchewaffle John Mayer, and that's all you need to know about that.

Blitzen Trapper are another band on the Alt. Country vibe, but I find them far lest interesting than Ryan Bingham. They don't have nearly the same edge...

More? Okay, there's Electric Touch, a straight-ahead Rock band that played last year. Why they're back again so soon, I couldn't tell you, although they're not bad...

Aaaaaand BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe, who will probably be quite good (most Radio 1 DJs are... you Brits are lucky) but doesn't really have any music available to make for a full blog post. Go check out his show and see what you think.

Wow, that's a lot of "meh". Someone save us!

Junior Boys



Who they are: The greatest Canadian duo since Wayne & Shuster.

What they sound like: I've dubbed the sound White Boy Nerd Funk in the past, and I'm sticking to my guns. The new record, out in April (let's see how long this post lasts before I get my ass DMCA'd) is if anything a bit darker than their past stuff and the songs are drawn out longer and let breathe a little bit more. I like it quite a bit...

Junior Boys - Hazel (ysi)







What I think: I think Fabchannel is the shit, because here's a full Junior Boys show for ya. But really though, the singer looks more like he should be fixing my plumbing than fronting a Pop band, no?

<a href="http://www.fabchannel.com/junior_boys_5daysoff_concert/2007-02-25">Live Concert Video - Junior Boys</a>

It's called substance over style, people. That's a concept we get behind here at Tonegents. That and the concept of beer. That's a good one, too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are killing me! I love glass candy! Rolling down the hills as been in my ear for the last year!!!!!! haha. Super girly glammy, love it!