12 March 2009

Blog-achella 09: Your starting power forward...

In the shocker of shockers, I don't have to skip any bands today. Yes, there are actually two good acts in a row on the Coachella poster, and even more amazingly, they both play the Hip-Hop...

Michael Franti & Spearhead



Who they are: The group headed by what must be one of the tallest dude in music. Franti is 6'6" and can dunk all over your shit, be-lee dat.

What they sound like: A tasty stew of all things funky. The latest record, All Rebel Rockers, has a bit more Reggae in it than some of the others, but it's still the Spearhead goodness you've come to know and love...

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Life In The City (ysi)







What I think: Spearhead did one of my all-time favorite sets at Coachella a few years ago, in the afternoon on the second stage. It was so good, in fact that the Coachella movie started off with a song from it... if you look really hard you can see me in there... I'm the one in the hat...



Miss it and you miss out, folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, wonderful! They were fantastic at the bowl too.