10 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: Brainssssssss!

Because no one rocks a party like the undead...

Kavinsky



Who he is: I'll go to the press release for this one... “The first thing to know about Kavinsky: He’s a zombie. Legend says he was killed in a car wreck in 1986, speeding through the back roads of France at over 120 mph in a Ferrari Testarossa before veering off the road and being hurtled through the windshield. Though pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, he quietly got up off his stretcher and left, never to be seen or heard from again…until 2006.”

What he sounds like: There is going to be a lot of French Electro-House (or whatever you want to call it) going on Saturday, and this guy is one of 'em. Actually, I'd say this particular track has a strong Italo feel, but it's right there in the ballpark...

Kavinsky - Testarossa Autodrive (ysi)




What I think: I imagine I'll been in and out of the Sahara Tent throughout the day to see what the Frenchies are up to. Again, this sound for me is best in small doses. I mean, sheesh, prolonged exposure to those grindy synths is bound to drive someone mad at some point. But more importantly with Kavinsky is that I think I want to grab him, go see if Serj Tankian is still hanging out somewhere, and get my new Zombie friend to eat his brains. I hope this works out, I really do...

Oh, and this song has a cool animated video...



Brainssssssssss! Armenian Prog Rock brainsssssssss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

true, i got ya on the grindy synths, but there is something about it that I can't quite put my finger on....
of course, this is coming from me, and you know I am a lover of la musica francaise!