26 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: This is the good shit!

I gotta tell you, all the futzing about being done with the line-up this year is starting to piss me off. The day after I post about Jamie T, he cancels! WTF?!?! Don't be wastin' my time, bee-yatch! Anyhoo...

The Cinematic Orchestra



Who they are:
The brainchild of Jason Swinscoe, and no, I have no idea which one of those guys he is, so don't even ask.

What they sound like:
They sound like awesome. Easily one of the best new Jazz acts in the world and absolutely mind-blowing live. Don't believe me? Have a listen...

The Cinematic Orchestra - Child Song (ysi)




Plus some bonus YouTubes lovin...



What I think: I might be more excited to see these guys play than I am to see anyone outside of Portishead. They never come to the States. This one will melt your brain, folks, and you can take that recommendation to the bank!

(What exactly you'd do with a Coachella band recommendation at the bank, I'm not really sure, but hey, I didn't create the saying... so back off!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see them! Must be a sunset set, I hope?
Pretty pretty pretty.