17 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: The next episode

Hey, look! A Hip-Hop act! Coachella still has those?

Little Brother



Who they are: Actually they are two brothas reppin' Durham, North Carolina... which I love because of Bull Durham, but hate more because of Duke Basketball. Suck it, Duke. Suck it hard. I hope Belmont kicks your asses!

What they sound like:
Well, here's the big question... because they used to have a 3rd brotha, producer 9th Wonder, and they were pretty darn good at the rap music before. So, has their sound suffered?

Little Brother - Good Clothes (ysi)




What I think: Well, upon listening to this and a few other cuts from their new one... I gotta say yes, the sound has suffered. This production is not up to snuff with what 9th Wonder brought to the table. These jams are sounding a bit too Southern, which in Hip-Hop is kinda synonymous with Suck. But hey, if you want a Hip-Hop fix, have at it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love 9th wonder, and personally find nothing wrong with southern, but I see what you are saying and yet I will take my hip hop beatz where i can get them at this show! ;)