27 March 2008

Blog-achella 08: Oh yes again it's fun time...

Continuing a Coachella Saturday that contains an embarrassment of riches for the kids who like to dance...

Calvin Harris



Who he is: A young Scottish producer who more-or-less went from being on the dole to being Mr. Hot Shit in the space of a year. Kudos, sir!

What he sounds like: While the title of his album is I Created Disco, I saw someone somewhere call it Poppy Electro/Disco, and that pretty much says it all...

Calvin Harris - Merrymaking At My Place (ysi)




What I think: It seems to me that just about every year, there is a more "poppy" dance act, playing one of the smaller tents, that ends up being the unexpected highlight of my day... I especially recall Junior Senior a couple years back... the acts that are not so much for the headz but for the folks who just wanna have some fun and shake their shit around without having two thousand crazy-eyed, sweaty, shirtless Sahara tent pill-monkeys to avoid. Lemme tell you, one of those guys so much as brushes against you, you're throwin' your shirt out as soon as humanly possible. This year, I think Calvin Harris might just be that act...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!