08 April 2009

Blog-achella 09: Enter... the CUBE!!!

Big milestone today at Tonegent HQ... I have now officially gone one Earth week without, as my friend Reggie so eloquently puts it, sucking on the cancer dick. A real wordsmith, that guy... Gettin' easier each day, although sometimes I still reallywantafuckingcigaretteRIGHTNOW! But those times are getting fewer and farther between. Today's Coachella coverage begins with a question...

Christopher Lawrence is still alive? Who knew?

Next up are the awesomely named Murder City Devils, a Seattle Punk band who sound decent enough for a Punk band...

And then I can't tell you strongly enough to avoid that dirty hippie Devendra Banhart. The fact that this guy has had sex with Natalie Portman... you know what? No. That never happened. That's all I have to say about that...

So, for today's, we have THE Sahara Tent act not to miss this year...

Etienne De Crecy



Who he is: Not exactly a household name, but he's the one who kind of started the whole "French Touch" thing, so he's boys with all the cool kids.

What he sounds like: Not exactly I guy whose music I've heard much of, but it's good French House, kind of somewhere in between Daft Punk and Justice in sound....

Etienne De Crecy - Grokster (ysi)







What I think:
So why am I telling you that this "not exactly" big name is the guy you can't miss... because of the motherfuckin' CUBE, y'all...



Yes, that is easily the coolest thing since DP's pyramid. Those Frenchies know how to put on a show, for sure. And this may be blasphemy, but the Daft Punk tour wasn't the Earth-shaking success it was because of the music. They were actually kind of annoying with their constant, constant, constant breakdowns. Just let the fuckin' beat ride for a couple minutes so I can get my dance on, dammit! Anyhoo, prepare for this guy to officially be the next big thing after he destroys Coachella... and you can take that one to the bank! (Just make sure it's not one of the ones that's going to go under...)

No comments: