27 October 2009

Bizarre Beats and Gratuitous Profanity

Here's some very out there shit for you...



I don't think I've ever had a harder time trying to figure out the tag for a post than I have with this Dorian Concept record here. It's that fuckin' out there. So naturally I settled on IDM, because I am lazy and will use meaningless genre terms despite my rant yesterday. I'm a bundle of contradictions wrapped inside a paradox and shoved up a ferret's ass. Yes, this record is as weird as that last sentence. And kinda amazing. It's a young kid from Austria (Yep, I'm old enough to call 24-year-olds kids. Pass the Geritol!) who can program the shit out of some shit, let me tell ya. To wit...

Dorian Concept - Color Sexist (ysi)







BUT! It turns out the guy is also a borderline amazing keyboard player, too. Peep this live vid in a much more organic, jazzy vibe...



Sorry about the two minutes of dudes speaking German in the middle. Um, well I'm not sorry to Germans, obviously, but to everyone else...

No comments: