17 March 2010

Blog-achella X: Back to Back!

Hey look! I'm posting for the second day in a row! How 'bout them apples?

The Glitch Mob are mostly a remix unit and sound like a downtempo version of Fidget House... meaning they use the same five synth sounds and get just as annoying just as quickly. Also, I saw a short video of their live show... four guys squashed into a DJ booth acting like "OMFG WE ARE RIPPING IT SO FUCKIN' HARD RIGHT NOW, YEEEEAHHHRGH!!!" Pssst... actually, no. Not so much... I leave this one to the kiddies...

But they sound like Mozart compared to this Owen Pallet dude. I'm not even sure how to describe it. Chamber music for beardy dude and Casio, perhaps? Fuckawful...

Babasonicos are an Argentine band with an awesome name... but... well, I think we should go ahead and ban the entirety of South America from ever making any more Rock music... seriously, there's plenty of other kinds of music that you're totally good at, guys, so just... stop... please...

Then, after that and not sucking is...

Rusko



Who he is: One Mr. Christopher Mercer of Leeds, West Yorkshire.

What he sounds like: Rusko spans the Dubstep spectrum, making some tunes featuring the slow tempo and extremely wobbly bits and some that come more from the 2-Step Garage end of things. Guess which one I like better...

Rusko - Love Is Real (ysi)






What I think: Not the best Dubstep artist in the world, but pretty much to only one here... so I'll take it. (Of course, I fully expect there to be plenty of Dubstep in the Dome but that's like, different or something.) Anyhoo, here he is, bad haircut and all...



That fauxhawk almost got yer arse skipped buddy. Just sayin'...

1 comment:

The KiD said...

Rusko @ Itunes: http://bit.ly/9YbthC