18 March 2010

Blog-achella X: Singh For Your Supper

Since I'm a little shaken up after barely surviving a run-in with Jay Leno's chin last night, I'll get right to it...

Talvin Singh



Who he is: The master of the tabla and sometime tech support person for Time Warner Cable... get it? I know. I suck.

What he sounds like: He was one of the founders of the whole Asian Underground movement in which traditional Indian sounds were mixed with electronica. Lots of Drum & Bass in his work, but not exclusively. To wit...

Talvin Singh - Sway Of The Verses (ysi)






What I think:
I loves me some tabla and I loves me some sitar and I loves me some Chicken Tikka Masala, you know I'm all over this. But strangely, Talvin Singh gets very little love on the YouTubes. Here's the only decent thing I could find... it's him with Eric Truffaz and Murcof doing some awesome shit...



... which is NOT what you will see at Coachella. But I bet what you will see will be as good...

1 comment:

Marcy said...

This is really hot.