22 March 2010

Blog-achella X: This is not a gay band.

Between Syracuse's dominating victory over Gonzaga and Obama's utter posterization of the Republican Party, I gotta say it's been a pretty satisfying weekend. And today's band will not take away from that...

The Big Pink



Who they are: A British duo of which one of whom seems to have misplaced his pants. Now, never having heard of these guys before now, and with a name like that, my hopes were not high... but a funny thing happened on the way to the snarky blog post...

What they sound like: ... as these guys have a sound very reminiscent of Jesus & Mary Chain circa Honey's Dead, which was, as you know, a fucking killer record...

The Big Pink - Frisk (ysi)






What I think: The old shoegazer in me approves. I bet they even have a little My Bloody Valentine-style distortion face-melt or two in 'em. Not so much on this French TV show, but still...



Nice choice of drummer as well, boys... and Go Orange!

No comments: