01 June 2010

Have you no love for the bongo?

I've noticed a disturbing trend here at the Tonegents MP3 Emporium and Furry Chatroom... I've posted a few Latin tracks lately and they really haven't received many downloads at all. What is this, Arizona? Stop being so racist, you racists. Love your brown brother and his syncopated rhythms! LOVE HIM!



Anyhoo, today we have for you racists some Reggae saxamaphone courtesy of Cedric 'Im' Brooks. Bios I read say he's considered the greatest Reggae saxamaphone player, but really... he's the only Reggae saxamaphone player. So I guess it was a unanimous choice. That's probably not true, but if you're coming here for facts... well, let's just reinforce again how bad of an idea that is, kay? Back on topic, this guy was very dope and got into some really freakin' cool Sun Ra meets Fela vibes later on, but this one is pure Roots stylee and quite frankly I could listen to this stuff ALL day long...

Cedric 'Im' Brooks - Give Rasta Glory (ysi)




Oddly, this bad boy seems to be way out of print, so do your worst...

Cedric fell into a coma back in February and I actually couldn't find any updates as to his condition, so I'm just gonna assume he pulled a Bret Michaels and is back on tour rockin' with The Skatalites, whom he also plays with. Yup, I'm gonna vote for that...

No comments: