10 June 2010

Oh, hey. Haven't seen you for a while...

Most of the time around here, it's either obscure old shit or obscure brand spankin' new shit... but how about today we just settle down and revisit a fond old friend, one we can all agree is welcome any time...



I have no problem ranking Zero 7's Simple Things as one of the best albums of the... what are we calling them again, the Aughts?... and neither do you, capiche? It's the perfect combination of downtempo Electronica and organic Pop vibes... and if you disagree with that, I will fight you. Funny thing is, as much as I was into this record from the get-go, I didn't own it for years... and in fact never owned a physical copy, which is kind of like a crackhead that's never had a rock. Or something...

Zero 7 - Red Dust (ysi)






And I still can't, to this day, think about Zero 7 without remembering their amazing performance at Coachella a few years back. It was so awesome they ended the movie with it...



I was like three rows back, middle... and even with the bleed-through from The Prodigy bashing their brains out on the main stage between songs, it was quite the experience... ah, memories...

No comments: