28 June 2010

Yo, eh?

Canadian music. You thought it was all Gordon Lightfoot and Anne Murray? I think I need to straighten you suckas out, eh?



I don't imagine that I'm breaking any news when I say that Canada is not exactly associated with Hip-Hop. I mean, there are only so many things that rhyme with "moose" or "Tim Horton's". But you really begin to realize how un-rap-tacular the Great White North is when you realize that TO THIS DAY, the most successful rapper in the history of Canada in terms of sales is... Maestro Fresh-Wes... and I'm pretty sure that's only the case because Snow counts as Reggae. Not that the Maestro wasn't dope, mind you, but I'm seriously doubting that many of you have ever heard of him. Well, here ya go...

Maestro Fresh-Wes - The Mic's My Piece (ysi)






So, to sum up, Canada gots mad flow. You better recognize... eh?

No comments: