28 June 2007

Okie dokie, it's my blog on the interwebs

And now for something completely different...



... because goin' from salsa to techno is how I roll, suckaz!!! Ya know, I might get more readers if I just decided with one direction for the ol' blog musically, but screw that... because all kinds of music rule... even country... sometimes... sorta...

... anyhoo, The Orb hold several special places in my memory... from seeing them live at the best electronic show that's ever taken place on American soil (hint: 1996, Snow Valley Ski Resort, an event called Organic... look it up and cry for three days because you weren't there)... to the fact that I got my first date with my awesome girlfriend when I sent her a text from an Orb show at the Disney Concert Hall in L.A. (at like 5 A.M. whilst rolling balls... hey, it worked... who knew?). So yeah, Dr. Alex and his rotating band of cronies are among my all-time favorites. And their most recent record here definitely gets the cliched "return to form" tag. Best thing they've put out in years. Apparently Thomas Fehlmann was able to stop Alex from crawling too far up his own arse and the sounds hark back to the first couple Orb albums when the beats were of the straight-forward, kinda bumpin' variety... you know, the best ones!

The Orb - Ripples
The Orb - Okie Dokie It's The Orb On Kompakt



And that is chock full of Orb-y Goodness right there. Groovy...

No comments: