22 August 2007

The Tonegents World Tour: France

So the World Tour got a bit derailed yesterday... apologies... but now we're back on track, stopping off in country #4 for Tonegent visits:


France!

Oui! Oui! Oui! Poisson, poisson!... and all that jazz. So, lessee... what's my top 5 for France... hmm...

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Yep, that about does it... but I kid! Okay, for real...

1) Champagne - pop da cork, yo!
2) Monet - my favorite painter. Yep, I'm all cultured and shit.
3) Luc Besson's films - from La Femme Nikita to The Professional to The Fifth Element, dude is one of the best filmmakers of all time.
4) French Fries - wait, what? Some people claim they're from Belgium? That's some bullshit, yo!
5) Laetitia Casta - 'nuff said.

Of course, France is the hotbed of house music these days, and our featured French artist is one of the architects of the scene, Alex Gopher...



... but I'm gonna give you a downtempo track. Because you can't lose with a Billie Holliday sample...

Alex Gopher - The Child




And my favorite funky rodent has a brand new one out, so peep that, too.

Au revoir jusqu'à demain!

No comments: