10 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: Guess they heard Prince was playing, too...

Let's start Thursday off by saying... "Holy crap! Prince is playing!"... yup, still pretty stoked about that...

Less stoked about Raleigh, NC's Annuals and their mellow Indie Pop. Not bad, but nothing I'd get terribly excited about. I'm sure Nic Harcourt loves 'em, though. That's not necessarily a compliment...

Also not quite doin' it for me is Black Mountain from Canada. Seems like they're trying to channel Led Zeppelin somewhat, but the results are "meh", and "meh" don't get you the full treatment when Tone is in a hurry.

Holy Fuck



Who they are: A bunch of wackos from Toronto.

What they sound like: Purely instrumental, kind of on the LCD Soundsystem tip, but more noisy and choatic. They've been getting a lot of pub lately for their smashing remix of Radiohead's "Nude"... be sure to cop that one. I have a feeling you might be able to figure out why I chose this song to post, though...

Holy Fuck - Tone Bank Jungle (ysi)




What I think: They are supposed to but on a very good live show... despite their electronic elements, they play it all live without any laptops or such things and use some very unusual "instruments"... I'd definitely give 'em a shot.

No comments: