25 April 2008

Friday Fun with Steely Dan

Since we're back to normal around here, that means it's House Music Friday... well, starting next week I guess. 'Cause I just got this and had to throw it up for ya...



It's in the same ballpark, though. You could totally drop this into a House set. Funky breaks from Canada's DJ Wood with a damn good remix of a Steely Dan classic. That's right, you heard me! Steely Dan, suckas! Don't even front...

DJ Wood - Eye No (ysi)



It seems that this vinyl has sold out it's run, though, as I've checked out just about every online record store I can think of and they all say "out of stock"... hmph! Too bad, too, because the other two cuts on this one are hot as well...

--------------------

But then that song reminded me of the first time I heard this someone flip this Steely Dan track... you know where this is going, don't you? Well, you should...



Yeah, you totally knew that...

De La Soul - Eye Know (ysi)




And seriously, if you don't own 3 Feet High And Rising, um... what's wrong with you anyway? I'm not trying to be Mr. Condescending Blogger here, but... seriously, why don't you have this? What's your major malfunction, Private Pyle?

--------------------

Which brings us to the original...



And although I've heard it a million times, I had no idea that the name of this song was "Peg". I though it was "Foreign Movie" or "We'll Come Back To You" or something. Hell, the part where they say "Peg", I always thought that was "Hey". I bet you thought that, too. Well, guess what it's "Peg". Who knew? (How about like millions of people, Tone?) Oh, shut up, you.

Steely Dan - Peg (ysi)




And there you have it, the many lives of an AM radio staple. Have a great weekend, especially those of you at Coachella!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot for the great tunes! I love Steely Dan, and it's nice to see other people give 'em props...

Anonymous said...

Steely Dan is super funky! Check out Black Cow from the same LP! Word!