04 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: The (Pasty, British) Wonder Twins

Now, as much as I think Dwight Yoakam is a pretty cool guy (he was in Wedding Crashers, after all) I'm gonna skip him because he does Country music, and the only Country music recognized here is Johnny Cash. Sorry, just a rule...

And I think I'll skip Rilo Kiley, too, because a) I don't think Jenny Lewis is nearly as cute as most bloggers do and b) they're ultimately kinda boring. Actually I'm pretty sure the Indie Kids only like this pretty boring band because they can rub one out to pictures of it's pretty lead singer... that's right, I went there!

Feel free to check out both band's links though, and give me the business if you think I'm wrong...

But since it's usually House Music Friday around here, I think it's only fitting to end the week with...

Sasha & Digweed



Who they are: They were the first of the superstar Progressive House DJ's, and to this day they are most likely still the best.

What they sound like: And they're the best because they (especially Diggers) for the most part stay well away from the fromage... here's a link from which you can download a 4-hour set, if you wanna go that hard (thanks to Ryhthmism.com)...

Sasha & Digweed Live @ Bonaroo 2007



What I think: As much as I'll take these guys over a million Tiesto VanOakenDyks, since they are likely to being going head-to-head with Portishead and/or Kraftwerk, their chances of being seen by me are exactly zero... too bad, guys...

Have a great weekend!

No comments: