17 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: The Spaceman

Getting close now! And even closer when I gloss over Gogol Bordello! And you know what, I'm not even going to make a joke about this one... I'm skipping them because they're fucking horrible. There, I said it... I hope I don't get kidnapped by Gypsies for saying it, but what's done is done... moving on...

Spiritualized



Who they are: They're that band that's really only one guy, Mr. Jason Spaceman up there...

What they sound like: Big, epic noisy Brit Rock, but like many one-man projects they sometimes suffer from the up-his-own-arse syndrome. Despite that, when it's good, it's really, really good... to wit...

Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (ysi)




What I think: I would be all over this were I going Sunday, but I'm not, so I guess it sucks to be me... nah, 'cuz I'm gonna see Prince, bee-yatch!

No comments: