18 April 2008

Blog-achella 08: Only a week away now!

Let's start Friday by glossing over My Morning Jacket, whose stoner Rock can be interesting at times, but is too appealing to dirty hippies... and we don't want to encourage those people, now do we?

Love And Rockets



Who they are:
The band that sprung from the ashes of Bauhaus.

What they sound like: Considering they haven't put out an album in a decade, I guess I might actually have to tell some of you. They're kinda rock and kinda electronic... kinda like Trip-Hop with guitars...

Love And Rockets - Trip & Glide (ysi)




What I think: You know, this isn't exactly a reunion that has the kids drooling in anticipation, but I think it will probably be pretty darn good. Have a great weekend, everyone, and then we'll finish this puppy up on Monday!

3 comments:

DJ Medi4 said...

Sadly. upon visiting your blog for the first time, I find out exactly what I need to know.

1) If you slag MMJ, arguably one of the best live rock & roll bands, and give us a Love & Rockets tune, you're a ponce. No offense.

2) Then you slag another amazing live band, Gogol Bordello - or as you say, gloss over... and,

3) You have an electronic music blog, and you don't know anything about who or what Danny Tenaglia is/does?

Shame on you.

Given what I heard on your myspace page, you could learn some things from Danny's productions and dj sets...

So, lemme ask...

Are you just being sarcastic with these posts, or are you just not too swift upstairs? Being snarky only works if you're able to slag intelligently about what you're slagging...

Look, man. I've been a working dj since 1989, and have done alright for myself. That all being said, you're probably younger than I am, hipper than I am, etc etc.

Good for you.

Being a "hipster" means a very short period of relevancy, son...

I encourage you to get out of the clubs (at least the electro ones), step away from the Pro Tools, broaden your horizons, and get some sun. But, we know that won't happen, will it?

You're the one that goes to a live music festival and spends all their time only in their own comfort zone - a dance tent, missing some chances to see artists you may never see again, to see an "act" like Justice for the 3rd time...

Oh, and get off Goldenvoice's dick; or if you're an employee, say so.

Don't forget sunscreen,

djmedi4.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Re: DJ MEDI4's COMMENT..............................
.....................................
.....................................
SECONDED!