23 July 2008

Lady sings the blues, and sings 'em right

Changin' it up, as we like to do...



For reasons I'm not even quite sure of, I'm not really big on the Jazz vocals... but of course I have to make an exception for Billie Holliday (and Nina Simone, but this blog isn't about her today, now is it?). She's got the voice that can't be denied... every now and them someone will come along and people might say "oh, she sounds a bit like Billie Holliday". Yeah, a bit. Kind of the same way I look a bit like Moby... kinda sorta not really. And I've already forgotten what my point is... oh yeah, she had a really unique and amazing voice. Like you needed my stupid ass to tell you that...

Billie Holliday - I Don't Want To Cry Anymore (ysi)




And since you know how I love to find the vintage stuff on the YouTubes...



Great proof that being a great singer does not have to involve high-level screeching and ludicrous amounts of notes. Take heed, singers of today! Take lots and lots of heed!

No comments: